BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Countdown


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Well, here it goes...

It is so hard to decide where to start. I guess I should start by saying that I am FAT. I'm a fatty, and anyone that says otherwise is just being nice. It took me a while to accept the idea of being fat.

Here are the "slap in the face" moments that made me realize I would have to change:
1. My "fat" clothes started getting too small.
2. The purchase of my digital scale. I cried the day I got on and was forced to see that I was closer to 300 pounds than 200 pounds.
3. My last OB/GYN visit. I want to have kids, but I want to have a healthy pregnancy, and there is no way that can happen at my current weight. I could never put a helpless being into an environment beyond their control.

So, where do I go from here? On January 1st 2010, I changed my insurance after I discovered that bariatric surgery was covered under one of the other options offered by my employer. Prior to my decision, I did a lot of research on bariatric surgery, and always kept it in the back of my mind, should it ever be financially possible for me. Now that it is, I am running with it in full force! I don't have a surgery date set. I am still in preliminary reviews with the hospital and my insurance, but want to chronicle my journey as it happens. I will keep you updated through the highs and lows, and hope you will stick with me!

2 comments:

Chrissy Poo said...

Good luck on your journey! I saw your post on Weight Loss Bloggers and am impressed with your goal to do a 5K! Unlike you I wasn't very athletic in school. But I still want to be healthy. I just need the extra boost to get my butt off the couch and into the gym. I did 40 minutes of walking yesterday. It's hard to choose between having a drink with friends and going for a walk! LOL!

Again, good luck and I look forward to following you in your progress!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your first post. I can tell that I am going to love your blog too. I wish you all the luck. My surgery will be 9 years in a couple of weeks and it was the best thing I ever did. Bless your heart...let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Many Blessings, Yvonne